My vice is quiche. I love it so much, but all that pastry and cheese aren’t a great pairing for a girl that it trying to shed a few pounds readi4summah, especially when she’s lactose intolerant… oops.
Thankfully, Slimming World have found an incredible substitute. The crustless quiche is super easy, ridiculously delicious and it’s bloody SYN FREE!
It takes around 5-10 minutes to prepare and 15-20 minutes to bake, I tend to leave mine a little longer to help it crisp up. What’s even better is that you can add in pretty much anything you want. I’ve made quiches for my parents with bacon and mushrooms and mine are vegetarian friendly with courgettes, onions and tomatoes.
Here’s what you will need (core ingredients for the quiche):
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3-4 cherry tomatos halved
- 100g low fat natural cottage cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80g reduced fat cheddar
- 1 small onion (or more, depending how stinky you want to be!)
Some lovely little extras:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 110g mushrooms sliced
- 220g bacon cut into 1cm pieces (meat lovers only!)
Now here’s what to do, it’s so simple!
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees, 170 fan
- Pan fry any of your toppings that need cooking (bacon, courgette, mushrooms etc)
- Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, parsley and cheddar cheese into a bowl
- If you have them, top your quiche with halved cherry tomatoes and bake for 15-20 minutes
This recipe is so versatile. As long as you have the core ingredients you are ready to go in making your crustless quiche, although an oven would help too. This is my all time favourite Slimming World recipe, what’s yours?