IT’S FRIYAY WHADDUP WORLD!
I’ve been a bit crappy with getting my blog going, mainly due to everything going on in the world of Frost at the minute, but TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY SO I’M AS HAPPY AS A PIG IN POOP!
But anyway, this blog isn’t to talk about everything I’ve got coming up, you’ll see that soon enough. Todays blog is about food, I know, typical me.
So I’ve told you that I’ve started Slimming World, and I want to start documenting some of my recipes. Well, this one knocked my fookin’ socks off and I can’t wait to eat it again.
This, is roasted haddock and potato bake. This, is also SYN FREE!
Now I know you’re all super excited on how to make this, and I tell you it’s as easy as taking a piss. So here’s a list of the ingredients you need. Please bare in mind that this is 4 portions!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 600g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (stinky)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g ripe tomatoes, you guessed it, finely chopped
- 4 skinless and boneless haddock fillets
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1.5 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano, plus a couple of sprigs to garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- finely grated zest and juice from an unwaxed lemon
- 150ml boiling veggie stock
- 1tbsp capers, drained
Now I know this looks like a bucket load of stuff, but for the size and amount of portions it’s a budget friendly dish, except capers, them bitches be expensive.
What you gotta do?
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees, Fan 180 degrees, Gas 6.
- Spray a medium-sized ovenproof dish with your spray and add two layers of the potatoes and onions, sprinkle each later with garlic, salt and pepper
- Use more spray oil and scatter three quarters of the tomatoes.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 mins to an hour (trust me the wait is worth it!)
- Season the fish fillets on both sides and place them on top of the potatoes
- Lightly spray the fish with low calorie cooking spray and sprinkle the herbs, remaining tomatoes and lemon zest and juice over the fish and potatoes
- Pour in the veggie stock and add capers!
- Cook for a further 15 minutes until the fish is just cooked thorough, then garnish with oregano sprigs
- Finally, SERVE WITH SOME TOP CLASS VEG!
Now normally the meals I make tend to take less than half an hour, mainly due to impatience and skill, but this one I just had to dry. This is my favourite Slimming World dish to date.